POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : MetaCreations Painter 3D : Re: MetaCreations Painter 3D Server Time
2 Jun 2024 14:41:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MetaCreations Painter 3D
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 30 Oct 1999 10:47:22
Message: <381B0536.F73A37DB@geocities.com>
Bill DeWitt wrote:

> omniVERSE <inv### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> > http://www.photomodeler.com/Lite
> >
> > This is a freeware version of PhotoModeler that can be used to plot out
> > points onto multiple photos or drawings and create 3D models.  Might be
> what
> > you were thinking of.
>
>     I mean to say that I believe that thisis the way that some recent
> commercials have done their effect. I forget the advertiser (which is a
> comment on today's advertizing methods) but the effect was that two young
> lovers meet in a plaze or something and time stands still. The camera
> rotates around them -while they are still moving- but the rest of the
> action, the falling leaves, the people in the background, are all frozen in
> time. Quite cool and without detailed photogrammery I cannot think of a way
> to do it.

That one's done a little differently. They have a series of high-speed
still-frame cameras that get triggered sequentially at a very high rate. This
was also used for the "bullet-time" in the Matrix. By having the cameras placed
in a cemi-circle around the subjects and firing them all at the same time, you
have that one moment recorded from all angles, and can then play them back.

http://www.whatisthematrix.com/cmp/sfx-bullet_frames.html

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.